Friday, May 16, 2008

Fairbanks the city...

May 13, 2008
Well, push comes to shove I walked around Fairbanks today. Quaint little town, a lot of Inuit on the streets and such and its fairly spread out for foot traffic, but overall its nice. Ate lunch at a good Thai place and got a ton of info on what I can do during the off-times that I have. Basically wandered around the town getting a lay of the lands. UAF is a great campus, not too big, but houses quite a few people and the facilities are nice. We’re getting gear situated tomorrow and starting surveying some local plots on Thursday. Gonna be heading downstate starting on Saturday and will be out until Wednesday, so I won’t have much to write about then. Think I’ll try and find an internet cafĂ© or something in Fairbanks so I can actually post this stuff, including the pictures I snagged on the plane.

No comments: