Friday, May 16, 2008

It's not quite Deliverance

Sorry I haven't updated lately folks, its going to be about once a week, as I'm normally out of town Weds-Weds in the field. I'll try and make sure I hit up Barnes and Noble or some other place in order to keep y'all updated. I added a Webshots link to all of my photos and such.

So anyway, I'm three days into work and loving it. My feet are killing me, my hands are calloused again and the fresh air is downright amazing. Surveying these plots will be one of the highlights of my feeble life so far. The crew I'm working with seems like good people and Tom and his family have been amazing to me, allowing me to crash in their loft until after the first trip and still base from there after.

We're about to head out for the Glennallen region, which in itself will take us through the Alaska Range, into interior Alaska. The link is a googlemaps satellite image of the area. It's right on the edge of Wrangel-St. Elias National Park. All in all it will be a great trip and I'm looking forward to some diverse foliage and some great pictures.

No comments: